Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

SF Pork Chop Review


San Francisco Pork Chop Review





Tonight’s recipe gets 3 ½ Yums out of 4.  We all loved the SF pork chop.  I prepared a quick brown rice and veggie side.  In the brown rice I had sugar peas, edamame, and shredded carrot. 

What we loved:  The sauce was very good and made this recipe a success.  The pork was fork tender and moist.

What we didn’t like:  There wasn’t much we didn’t like, but thought the sauce could be brighten with some freshly grated ginger.

Kid’s review: They cleaned their plates!!  My kids don’t always like Asian food but they did like this dish. 

For next time:  I will add the freshly grated ginger at the same time as the garlic.  We love ginger so it will probably be a heaping tablespoon.  Instead of steaming the veggies with the rice, I’ll do a quick veggie stir-fry and use the sauce for the veggies.  I might even double the sauce so we have plenty.  I’ll also do six pork chops instead of four because we didn’t have anything for leftovers.  I think this pork would be great as leftovers, maybe even on an Asian salad.

Overall impression:  This recipe is a keeper because the kids cleaned their plates!

No comments:

Post a Comment